Work with Us
If you can sew simple garments, knit, or crochet, we’d love for you to join us. If you would like to sew with us and have not had experience in sewing garments (as opposed to quilts), we ask that you sew one bunting and one garment in conjunction with one of our more experienced seamstresses because we have adapted several patterns in response to feedback from nursing staff. It is easier to do this on your own once you have actually seen someone else do it!
- Wedding gowns, christening gowns, first communion gowns, pastel/pale blue or pink bridesmaid dresses (these do not need to be in perfect condition – can have stains or tears), silk or brocade dresses and suits
- Fine cottons, batiste, dotted Swiss, antique-style fine lawn cotton or white linen
- White blizzard fleece — a yard of fleece will supply material for two blankets and the lining of several gowns and buntings
- Soft white baby weight yarn
- Silk thread – white and also fine white cotton or polyester thread
- Sew-on baby velcro
- White or clear baby snaps
- White poly stuffing for small pillows
- ½, ¼, 1/8 inch satin or silk ribbon in white, pale pink, or pale blue
- Jumbo size or larger baggies (2.5 gallon Hefty brand)
- Clear storage tubs to hold completed gowns
- White tissue paper
- Gift certificates to JoAnn Fabrics or Patricia’s Fabric House (East Rochester)
~~ We thank you for your kind consideration and for caring about what we do! ~~
Can You Help Us With Our Wish List Items Or With Sewing?
If you can, we would be most grateful. Please contact us and we will get back to you as soon as possible.